Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bears, singing & Travellers challenge

Thankfully the massive school has left and Muskoka Woods has returned to normal. One very exciting thing that happened today was we saw a baby bear. We [being all the internationals] decided to go look for the mother bear- according to Canadians that’s a bad idea. Fortunately/unfortunately we didn’t find her.

At the weekend some summer people came up to visit which was great. Nice to see people and relive some great memories! On Saturday night we decided to go to Bent River for dinner. There was about 8-10 of us that went. Everyone was looking at the menu when these four guys suddenly drew my attention mainly by the way they were acting and the place they were standing. All of a sudden one of them blows into a harmonica and they start singing!! Barbour shop quartet style!! It was amazing and yet so bizarre as we were sitting in this wee old road side café! The banter between the 2 tables was great in fact within the whole place. They sang us 4/5 songs and we attempted to sing them something emphasis on attempted!

Here’s to Arlene’s mum creeping my blog, “What kind of man sells weapons to bunnies?”, going to the dump with Arlene to look for more bears and scaring the life out of ourselves!, “I feel like I’m eating a person!”, going to Romania, to the travelers IQ Challenge amongst the Rec Staff, getting new neighbors, summer hugs, to our Saturday night dance party, the school stealingt he bear from outside the office [it's pretty big!] and putting it outside Don Hood's house [The general manager!] to how cold it has suddenly gotten and to how amusing Claire is.

Pictures: Top- Sera, myself and Erika. Bottom- Arlene, myself, Erika and Alice with the singing men!! Good times..

2 Comments:

At October 16, 2007 2:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, Thanks for the update. It was real exciting seeing that bear. I learn more about Arlene from your blog than she tells me!!!!Hope you don't find that bear cos I want Arlene home in one piece.

 
At October 18, 2007 8:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learnt more about what Rachel was up to before she knew I read her blogg!! Now I suspect she censors it because she knows her Mum will read it !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home