Friday, September 21, 2007

Solitude

Until this afternoon I never fully appreciated the act of solitude. Thinking back I have not had any real time alone since winter. Once Spring hit everything in my life has been go go go… work, training, friendships. I’ve been getting less and less sleep and got busier with more friends and more responsibilities. Since the fall started I have craved time alone but never seem to get it, every time I sit alone its not long before people join me or if I go to my room its not long before people are looking for my fellowship it is a great thing to be wanted in friendships but all I want to do at times is sit alone. I got the afternoon off and for about 30 mins of that the house was silent and it was the best 30 mins I’ve had in a long time, I felt so refreshed afterwards. I then remembered a nice little spot that I found in the summer with a great view of the lake and as it turns out internet access! So here I will come and hide away. Read, sleep, listen & watch. Ill not tell anyone of my whereabouts and enjoy my own company. Living in community all the time has its advantages but solitude is not one of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home