Friday, August 17, 2007

"Yeah", beechwood banter & 16k

Been having the best time recently. Although I am for sure burning the candle on both ends. In bed earliest 12.30-1am and up everyday at 5.30am except for one day a week! All my own fault. I can’t believe that apart from being home at Christmas for 2 weeks I’ve pretty much now been here a year!! And what a fantastic year it has been!!

Have been tubing a few times… great banter one of the times I got thrown off we were going so fast that I skimmed across the water on my back- it was pretty sick! I’m going water skiing on Tuesday so hopefully that will be just as good fun. Hopefully going down to Toronto with the guys from Northern Ireland for a few days after the summer I’m really going to miss them when they go. But will be great to have get together at Christmas.

Still continuing to train for the Toronto half marathon, I’m running in the gym every morning and doing long runs every Sunday, last Sunday I ran 16k and I have to do the same this Sunday, my recovery time is getting better and I’m not in as much pain.

Work itself is sweet to the beat, I know what I’m doing and all the staff love me, I have to say I have become pretty attached to them will be very sad to say goodbye to them.

Here’s to “Yeah”, the Stanley cup being flown in with Brad May [Stanley cup is an ice hockey tournament, very big here, at home it would have been like Wayne Rooney flying in with the premiership trophy], “I resent that comment”, playing 1,2,3, to late night break out cabin chats which involved hiding from night watch, hiding behind a tree from night watch, to getting caught by night watch!, Johnny and his very annoying torch, not having to move house in the fall, Bex and Tash watching 24, falling asleep watching the Bourne Ultimatum- on both visits to the cinema, the boys spraying the van with fabreeze, to my first cup of tea, going to bent river for dinner, our day trip to Barrie and to lying in until 7.45am tomorrow!!

Pictures: Mike, myself and Johnny during beechwood banter, then Brad May with the Stanley cup.Would you belief the NHL employ 2 people full time to look after the cup?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home