Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving

I spent the weekend in Toronto it was great to get away from the woods to civilisation for a few days. Friday night was chilled and we got pizza and dairy queen and watched some TV and had an early night in preparation for our day of shopping!! I tried to get some good winter clothes but sadly I was unsuccessful although if all the people who promised to give me stuff actually give it to me ill be good to go! Did manage to get some new clothes and a lot of DVD’s. Watching films is our main past time at the woods at night if we’re not in the gym, working or on the internet. So I took the opportunity to build my own collection instead of always borrowing. You know this newly started collection would contain 3 new boxsets!! [Smallville, My name is Earl and Prison Break] It was thanksgiving today went to church this morning which was great then a quick trip to the mall and home for some long awaited home cooked food, the camp food is good enough but boy do I miss my mums cooking! We’ve also been given some left overs to take back to camp. I have shot gunned all the honey glazed ham! I could soon have some very big news I’ve been thinking and praying a lot about my future since I’ve been here and have applied for a job with Samaritans Purse in Calgary. The position is Youth Teams Coordinator the job sounds amazing it involves organising all Samaritans mission trips to Asia, South America and Eastern Europe and not only do you get to organise 8-10 teams a year but am able to go on 4-5 of these teams. Over 25 people applied and I was in the short list of 6. I had a phone interview last week and will know one way or the other on Wednesday its all very scary but exciting at the same time so their could be some big changes & decisions very soon but I’m trusting God and know its all in his hands and only he can make it all work out. Here’s to Dairy Queen Oreo ice cream, what what WHAT?!, my parents coming to visit in November, to managing for a week to go to the gym every morning at 6.30am instead of after work, to being wreaked every afternoon due to getting up every morning at 6.30am to go to the gym!, to receiving lots of church cds in the post on Friday, to new staff starting on Wednesday, to Terri telling the workers of a chemist that I had OCD and could I wash my hands after using too much moisturiser and trying to remove it twice unsuccessfully with alcohol gel and was desperate to wash my hands! [Claire and Emma I included this as I know you'll a) Laugh and b) understand!!] and to leaving Toronto at 7am in the morning to be back at work for 10am to welcome 400 kids.

2 Comments:

At October 09, 2006 11:17 pm, Blogger emma said...

hahahahahahahahaha - I literally laughed out loud all by myself at you washing your hands in the chemist! hahahaha. You make me laugh. And that is why I love you! Never change Rach, it wouldn't be the same without you!

 
At October 11, 2006 11:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

needn't even ask if you're well!sounds like you're having the time of your life. hope you get some good news with the job

 

Post a Comment

<< Home