Thursday, September 07, 2006

Make the Irish do it!!

Today was the last day of learning to instruct the different activities. This morning we did mountain biking (which was by far my favorite will def be doing it often) floor hockey, roller skating and skateboarding. At the skate park is where the humor of my day began. Bradon decided to teach us how to skateboard. We started with how to stand on the board and move it and how to turn- so far its all good then come the ramps!! He did it a few times then it was our turn, we started off in pairs doing it I helped Tom all was good then Toms turn to help me. Off I went keeping weight on the front of the board as I was told only for him to let go half way down I panicked the board flew up in the air and I landed with a massive crack to the back of the head Praise the Lord for helmets is all ill say of course everyone pointed and laughed! Even with this burn I was able to go down the ramp by myself so I was very proud of my achievement. Next came the zip line... during the set up someone said would it not be better to send someone down so we can really see what its like?! The instructor then says “YES LET'S MAKE THE IRISH DOWN!!! With alot of protest from myself I decided to do it not realising this included a 50 foot straight high climb up a telegraph pole with only pegs about ¼ size of my feet to climb with. The zip line was 1000 feet long. I am kaking myself by the time I get to the top and Mike is down below shouting come on down in an N.Irish accent (Yes the mick is being taken about the accent!) After about 10 mins I managed to push myself off the the Edge with a little persuasion from John and I didnt swear! So I was the first of the group to do it we'll see who's laughing tomorrow when others have to do it!! Tonight after dinner Mike, Tom, Terri and I went into Huntsville to the bank and Walmart was good craic. Tom has been singing Rent songs all day and is now trying to convince me to watch it – I'm not too sure how long ill last- not a fan of musicals!
Tomorrow is the first day of instructing kids which I'm kaking myself at the thought of, in true Kirk style I'll whing it! Here's to replacement Oreo Mc Flurrys, "What up your craic?" (To explain someone thought when I said whats the craic I was asking whats up your craic!) and kids thinking a mouse was in the hall when infact it was only a chipmunk.

3 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 3:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there any Spanish over there? If so remind them of Northern Ireland 3 - 2 Spain. Yee Haa -- still hoarse

 
At September 08, 2006 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds amazing kirk....i have also had to do something similiar to the climbing up a telegraph pole on pegs thing over here...its so freakn scary, was shaking! The accent rip gets a bit annoyn after a while, I cud only take so much in Cali. Jo

 
At September 08, 2006 9:13 pm, Blogger Paul Coles said...

Great to see the updates rach. I'm kind of jealous that you are there but life is good in Romania so I cant complain. keep the updates coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home