Monday, September 25, 2006

Black out

I woke up on Saturday night/Sunday morning to a massive bang and the house shaking! After a few seconds of waiting for the trumpet call, I realised that Jesus had not in fact returned and started to consider a bomb had gone off. I looked out the window to discover a number of trees had come down and one was one fire!! So the fire brigade were called and Canada's version of NIE to sort out the problem by Sunday lunchtime Muskoka Woods and the entire area of approx 50 mile radius still had no electricity. After a pretty boring day it started to get dark and by dark I mean so dark that you can't see anything an inch from your face! So we decided to go over to the music hall and play sardines [One person hides and everyone individually has to find them once found you hide with them until the last person finds everybody] in the dark. We all dressed in black [the boys came back dressed as ninjas-very funny!] Esp when Mike tried to bust a ninja move and fell flat on his back! One of the games we were all on top of the lockers and another everyone was under the stage it was great craic you literally couldn't see anything, I fell out a window one of the games but thankfully it was a ground floor window and one was not seriously injured! Later we played a massive game of would you rather followed by a late night feast and bed by candle light! A school was meant to come today but canceled because as of this morning we didn't have any electricity, now half the camp has power sadly the half I live on still doesn't! Sucks to be me. So we spent most of the day driving around in pick up trucks picking up fallen branches. Apparently there is to be another storm tonight so we could be in for a fun couple of days!
Heres to living in a freezing house, discovering I am in no way equipped properly for a Canadian winter- I have some serious shopping to do, the sound of trees falling, pulling pranks and pile ons!!

2 Comments:

At October 01, 2006 9:34 am, Blogger emma said...

What a great feeling - knowing that you can go shopping guilt-free because you know you will die of cold if you don't! What an excuse! I love your blogs Rach, they make me miss the Woods so much and wish I was there too!

 
At October 02, 2006 11:14 am, Blogger Paul Coles said...

very funny. I read emma's comment and knew it was her befor I even saw her name above it. ... nice updates. gald to see you are having fun, and yes get ready because it is going to get cold...really cold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home