Friday, September 15, 2006

Raccoons, Mc Flurrys & "My bad"

The past few days have been good, I have to say I love my job and can't believe they are paying me for it! Plus have been told im good at it – which is always good to know, I feel. All Ive done this week is take kids mountain biking, golfing, on the zip line, high ariel ropes and climbing wall and play team building games. Tonight believe it or not i'm doing music at an air bands contest and then hopefully building a camp fire. I volunteered to work in the shop twice a week turns out if you work in the shop you don't have to do dishes and you get staff discount in the shop – SCORE!
We nearly killed a raccoon on the way home from Walmart last night was the first time Id ever seen one so glad we didn't hit it my main reason for going to Walmart was to feed my Oreo Mc Flurry addiction. Also i'm starting a new series on boxset Smallville was on special offer so I went with it. It then turned out a lot of the staff are Smallville fans so we're planning a Smallville marathon.
When I got back from Walmart Tom called me over to meet a girl Northern Ireland who is here on retreat with Urban Promise. Turns out she went to friends and has been to church- you can imagine we were both very excited at the randomness of it all. Even though its only been 2 weeks it was nice to hear the old N.Irish accent again and discuss our time in Canada so far.
I'm going tomorrow to get a social security number so that I can actually get my pay and to attempt to open a bank account hopefully ill find somewhere that will want to take my money. Here's to finally finding out what “my bad” means, to finding out Dan works at the Puma outlet store and gets discount (love their shoes!), to getting sworn at in Spanish when I wouldn't let a couple of kids down the zipline for not belaying properly or paying attention– I have to be strict sometimes! And to loosing half my kids mountain biking today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home