Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Cycling

After taking my bike to Castlewellen for the church weekend I got an urge to take up cycling or at least do it more often. I’ve been out the past few days and have feared for my life several times. I got my bike 9-10 years ago and it’s been in my garage for the past 5 at least. So when I'm flying at what feels like break neck speed down a hill I feel like I’m riding a cool running’s toboggan style bicycle and it’s going to fall apart at any second. Also the gears at times change by themselves which also for a spilt second I think I’m going to hit tarmac. My furthest so far is 8 miles I like cycling better than running although I’m sure cycling is counter productive when one is meant to be running the Lisburn 10k in a matter of weeks!

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 9:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cycling is always good for cross-training in between runs, but I would run as well. Jojo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home