Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Story of a good Samaritan gone wrong.

I am staying at Claire’s house this week and if you’ve been to her house recently you will have noticed that Claire has not cut her grass since she bought the house in September! So 9 months later it looks like a field! I decided it would be a great idea to cut it as a suprise. I sought advice from Mike Allen the professional gardener who told me that I need to get my hands on a strimmer. I phoned Dave Dunlop tonight to borrow his and I also got a rake to help remove the excess grass. Arriving back with no real clue what I’m doing I started to strim the grass, all was going well [Apart from some of the neighbours coming out to investigate where the noise was coming from- I got some funny looks!] I was a good bit through when I start feeling a burning on my arm on closer inspection the strimmer was spitting out a massive amount of oil- “Oh crap!! I’ve broken Dave Dunlop’s strimmer!!” Quick get Dave on the phone… who arrives within 10 minutes and fixes the strimmer and finishes the strimming with a lot more skill that I was giving it and alot faster. He departs and arrives back [To my suprise] which seems like mere minutes with his lawn mower to finish the job!! So one good Samaritan was saved by another. Hopefully Claire will not mind the fact that one whole plant is missing and some of the bushes no longer have flowers! Note to anyone new to strimming: Wear oldish shoes or at least ones you don’t care about: My white shoes are now Green!

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 9:24 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Admiring your work - fancy doing mine?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home