Sunday, January 08, 2006

Greetings from Milwaukee

Well I made it in one piece its all good so far here's a quick run through of my time so far:

- I flew with continental and on the side of the plane they had written "We're not called continental for no reason" which sure is true was so freaking hot (Was like being in a continental country) on the plane thought I was going to pass out esp as I was at the window and the 2 people beside me slept the entire was so I only got out of my seat once.

- I was served moose as in the animal for my first meal here which was interesting to say the least felt like I was in Ukriane or Moldova.

- The family im staying with is cool, There is Cheryl and Dana are the parents and then they have four kids 2 are at home- Jason and Bethany and 2 are at college. The house is nice kinda landed on my feet, Ive my own room with a king size bed, they hav a games room in the basement with a pool table, table tennis and air hockey and playstation, 3 computers and is in a nice area... and at the church they've given me my own desk and computer. Plus they're giving me a jeep to drive! I'll get it tomorrow so stay posted for my first driving story tomorrow.

- Have been to the mall and to the cinema saw 'Fun with Dick and Jane' its not out at home yet but if its out before Im home go see it its very funny, and at the cinemas here you can go out during the film to get drink and pop corm re fills cant see Lisburn cinema starting that up!

- Was at church this morning Elmbrook has a congregation of 9,000 the place was like a community centre, school and church all in one it looks like the oddessy. As I walked about it was like being at a concert, pretty sure I wouldnt be a fan going there full time the service and all was good but its just so big but new experiences are good for us.

- Currently sitting here watching an American football game the family here are big into it and I have no clue!

4 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 12:10 am, Blogger emma said...

yo kirk! sounds beezer!! A Jeep!! I want one! Glad you have a king size bed too - there's nothing like it! xx

 
At January 09, 2006 10:23 am, Blogger Jo-Jo said...

Rach, sounds like your gonna have an amazing time - you will!! Take care on those roads!! Jo

 
At January 09, 2006 6:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well its alright for some...aint it!!nah i hope you have an amazing time and you will learn so much(esp about the american roads!!)
You never know it may be a range rover :) Missing ya...Wee Ruthie x

 
At January 09, 2006 9:32 pm, Blogger gary said...

hey Rachel! sounds great, I hope you have a brilliant time, unfortunatly I won't be able to provide you with all these luxuries when you come to Brasil, but at least the weather should hopefully be a lot warmer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home