Friday, December 23, 2005

Coldplay, 6 months & a fight!


As it turned out that on Wednesday night of the Coldplay concert it was exactly 6 months to the day since we saw them in Dublin, What are the chances I ask?! But anyway the concert was fantastic. We [Stu, Lois and myself] had really good seats, just at stage level and at a stones throw distance. Richard Ashcroft [Formally of The Verve] was supporting them it was great to hear the old Verve classics- The drugs don’t work, Lucky man and my all time favourite song Bitter Sweet Symphony- aawwwhh it was immense… Everyone singing along.

Coldplay did pretty much the same set to Dublin but I’m not complaining although would have loved to have heard Shiver live but you don’t always get what you want in life!

Coldplay ended with Fix you which finished the concert off perfectly. I should mention the fight I had since it’s in the title! Cut short: I got shouted at by this old man behind me for standing up so much [Fair enough I get the point he couldn’t see] but everyone else was standing up but boy did he give me abuse so much so his son told him to stop!

I thought when he first shouted at me I can either take this and sit for the rest of the night depressed or stick up for myself as I’m told so much that confrontation is a weakness of mine I decided to stick up for myself but in a nice way not an abusive aggressive way in which he spoke to me- Was pretty pleased with myself I have to say, I don't think Stu could believe it when he heard me say to the guy "Are you serious?" The top picture is of Richard Ashcroft the rest are Colplay taken with my beautiful Sony Ericcson K750i phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home