Friday, November 25, 2005

Stateside

At the start of January I’m heading to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the United States for 6 weeks. As part of my college course I have to complete an international placement. The church I’ll be working with is called Elmbrook church and I’ll be helping with their youth programmes and my favourite part- looking at their International team’s ministry. In fact the family I’m staying with takes a team to Mexico every year. I fear I will freeze to death, I’ve been told the snow can be anything from 6 inches to 6 foot deep and its right by Lake Michigan [I think I’m right in saying it’s the biggest lake in America??] it’s so cold it freezes solid until about 20 miles out. Needless to say ill need to buy some thermals! Should be good will be great to get some new experiences and have a break from life here for a while. Cheap clothes and boxsets here I come!

2 Comments:

At November 26, 2005 12:15 am, Blogger gregory said...

remember their boxsets will be region 1, they dont work here. and check out a little pizza place just of brady street downtown its great!!

 
At November 27, 2005 2:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Greg ill check that out... Boxsets will not be a problem with my multi region dvd player!! Just means not to many people will be able to borrow them! ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home