Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Always a Ukraine connection!

I noticed on the church bulletin on Sunday that there was a lunch for their Russia focus group and that there would be missionaries from Ukraine there to give a presentation on their work. So I asked if I could attend. The ministry is called ‘Read Ministry’ which provides training [In Xhmelnisky of all places- where we visit every summer and is only an hour’s drive from Volochisk!] for people to become librarians and it provides books for churches to set up their own borrowing libraries. Was great to hear of other peoples work in Ukraine and I told them about Ballynahinch’s partnership with Volochisk and they are going to contact them about the possibility of starting a Christian literature library in Volochisk. Looking at their pictures and hearing their stories brought back lots of memories of Ukraine I can’t wait to go back in July or maybe even before then! Isn’t it amazing how God can bring me to America to make connections that will benefit Volochisk?!

1 Comments:

At January 18, 2006 7:37 pm, Blogger Jo-Jo said...

I drove past a ukrainian community centre the other day and was like what? app therz a massive ukrainian community that live in bradford, couldnt believe it!! Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home