Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bumper Cars

I’ve decided that driving over here is like driving bumper cars except obviously for the fact that you don’t purposely bump into other cars. Don’t know how many of you have driven automatic cars before but you basically put in one gear and have 2 pedals the brake and accelerator [Much like bumper cars!] The past 2 days I’ve been driving a bit more and finding my way about the place nearly caused a serious accident yesterday on my first drive by myself they don’t have round abouts here but 4 way stops and you have to try and work out if its your turn to go yesterday it wasn’t my turn to go! And a truck had to swerve to miss me!, they don’t give way to the right or anything like we do at home. I also continuously find myself on the left hand side of the road in the estate where I’m staying or in park parks- Not good when there are cars heading straight for you! Mot much else really to report I had the first fondue of my life last night was pretty nice especially as it was a chocolate fondue and today I was at a lunch for all the youth workers in the state which was cool they meet once a month so I’m able to go again next month. Ok I’m going to attempt to drive to Walmart now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home