Sunday, February 03, 2008

The great white North

I was up north to camp with Lisa and Lissa on fri-sat. Lisa works at the Foundation with me and Lissa is a producer and director. We went up to film some of the activities, hit up some places for sponsorship for the golf tournament and to interview some rec staff for this year’s donor report. My main interest for going up was to see everybody I’m not going to lie!! We left against the recommendation of the weatherman at 9am however the roads were not that bad. I took the white beast up the road to test her out. I was happy to discover she did not shake once she hit motorway speed! Was pretty sweet once I hit camp to have four wheel drive.

Today I learnt to skate. Paul is very happy, I progressed from using a support that the 5 year of the family uses, to skating with a stick and puck! I have a fair wee way to go as the 7 year old can skate rings round me! Apparently I’m half way to being a Canadian now! -NEVER!

I also went to church this morning; I find it very hard not to compare it with Ballynahinch Baptist. The church is the first of a few I’m trying. It is the closest to where I live. There was approx 50-60 people. The worship was good but I found the speaker hard to follow. They didn’t have many people my age and not much for me to get involved in, which is what I’m looking for most right now in a church besides a sound speaker and worship. I want to find some good fellowship in my localish area.

Ireland vs Canada:
- When you park your car at the side of the road you have to climb over a giant lump of snow to reach the pavement!
- Cream is not marked as specifically as it is at home. I had to try 3 different kinds today before I found the right one!
- In Canada a handbag is a purse, milk comes in a bag and purple skittles are grape flavor rather than berry

Here’s to “Mummy now we have 5 kids in our family!”, catch up chats, reading the kite runner, stopping at 4 different restaurants in Barrie to end up eating at Wendy’s because everywhere was so busy!, Lindsay deciding to go back up and work at the woods, “You will have take my mums car as your car doesn’t fit all the kids”, Molly’s coat and hat that make her look like Lucy from Narina or straight from the 1800’s!, "I'm cool like that!", to Bent River being closed, playing with sticklebrick (brought back some good childhood memories!) Wales beating England, “You lied to me!”, wrestling/snow fight with Matt Pearce outside Ferndale, Going tubing but not tubing, "If somethng was big how would you describe it?", playing settlers cities and knights, “Alright mucker!” , Molly (2) still not giving me the time of day and its been over a month! and to “Just stick a candle in an apple!"

Pictures: Top right is camp, then Cameron with half the street playing hockey and then me looking like I am a confident hockey player!

4 Comments:

At February 04, 2008 3:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I had the pleasure of touring the grocery store while "The Irish" was looking for whipping cream.....and has suggested it is not clearly identifiable...I must set the record straight... Clearly the carton with the whipping cream read....WHIPPING CREAM not difficult to find...maybe it was the seeker or the 5 year old tagging along!

 
At February 04, 2008 3:50 am, Blogger Rachel said...

It was NOT that obvious! Cream in Ireland is easier to find, and yes the 5 year old was distracting!

 
At February 04, 2008 8:02 pm, Blogger Barbara said...

Rachel buys cream at home by colour!!! Red or green writing on the whipping cream and blue on the double. Keep practiceing your reading Rachel!!

 
At February 04, 2008 10:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home