Sunday, January 28, 2007

Minus 35

Take a look of this picture; doesn’t it look nice and sunny? Wrong the temperature is in fact -35!! I have never been as cold in all my life! In such weather you have to cover every part of your body because your skin with over 5 minutes of exposure to the cold can start to get mild frost bite. I thought this was a bit of an exaggeration until the other day when I was instructing tubing I was holding the tubes at the top of the slope when my glove got caught and went sliding down the hill with the kid. I stayed up there for another few minutes by the time I got down to get my glove my fingers were sore with cold and after they dried out were still sore to touch- the very very beginning of frost bite. For sure I will never take my gloves off again! You at times can not tell which staff is who outside as we’re all covered up even our faces.
Have also done a bit more skiing which is pretty comical especially when kids ask such questions as how do you ski? How do you stop and how do you turn? All things that I have not mastered yet! Only thing I know how to do correctly is getting up after I fall!
I was in Toronto yesterday for my room mates wedding it was a lovely day and also now I have my own room until at least Spring so its pretty good.

Here’s to “Lindsay why have you got all the ethnics in your group?”, the ability to kiss your knees, Team Britannia, “I have never seen a person with an eye patch in real life” to being buried in snow, to people buying other peoples boots, getting a lot of air on the tube run, having to layer and de layer, the co ops leaving, microwaving cookies and not being able to walk without sliding.

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2007 10:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it brings back the memories! I love it when it is that cold! mmm! love it! and kariss and hammer are married! tell them i say hi! poo I totally forget to reply to them but i know they knew i would not be there!! oops! my bad! well glad to hear your getting on great! keep up the "skiing!!" all my love! Lornie x

 
At January 31, 2007 3:22 am, Blogger gregory said...

kinda know how u feel kirkers we're down to minus 25 down here its a bit chilly in the willy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home