Friday, January 05, 2007

Back in the land of Walmart, free re fills & being the foreigner

For those of you that don’t know I made the decision and am back in Canada. So far ill be here until Easter with the option of staying until end of September when my work permit expires. So ill see you all sometime between now and 30th September.
I had a fantastic 2.5 weeks at home and really was torn about coming back here or not really is true what they say there’s no place like home! I’m in Toronto until Sunday and then head back up to the woods on Sunday to start work on Monday. Starting work maybe a problem as we are to be trained on all the winter sports skiing and snow boarding etc but Canada is having it’s mildest winter in 18 years and there is no snow in fact yesterday was like a Northern Ireland summers day! So it maybe a while before I attempt skiing!

Here’s to spending my first new years eve away from home, fully appreciating home and church, spin classes, to not returning home with a Canadian twang, major Jet Lag, to my central locking breaking and having to crawl through the boot of my car on Ballynahinch main street to get in!, playing extreme uno, to unchanged friendships, walking in the rain, to my uncle cutting his finger slicing the turkey and to there being no Snow!

It was drawn to my attention when I was home that a lot more people read this than I thought… to you all do leave comments and let me know who is being entertained by my antics!
and to fellow bloggers- has anyone moved onto the new blogger with google? whats the craic with it?

2 Comments:

At January 05, 2007 6:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

got a new blog... www.jo-joshannon.blogspot.com, there will be sumfin up there soon, jojo

 
At January 10, 2007 10:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went for the new google account - its quite good, and gives you plenty of options with your format... With you on the comments front!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home