Monday, January 30, 2006

Bucks: 85 Celtics: 79


Had a great day today… Was at church twice this morning the first service at 9.30 was the proper church service followed by 'Isif' which is a service for the senior high kids both were really good. We had communion at the 9.30 which was a little different than home. After the service I met Kathy and we went for lunch by Lake Michigan. Then headed to the basketball game. It was great all go for the entire match and I got the hang of the rules pretty quickly.
It was a massive stadium and we had pretty good seats not to high up and not to low. Lots of music and songs played through the match. It was pretty tight one team would start to win then the other catch up and over take, which made for an interesting match. Some of the best stuff was probably the entertainment during time outs and at half time we had: People break dancing, cheer leaders, stunt basketball players who jumped on trampolines and did summersaults to put the ball in the net and competitions like the best dressed bucks fan etc. Plus the Bucks won so was good all round. My favorite player was Andrew Bogut
he’s the guy on the far left of this picture he’s also the tallest… he is 7 foot tall!! When he played it was like he was in slow motion and could just hold the ball above other players heads- he was good to watch. After the match we went to the Cheesecake factory, I had a grilled chicken and avocado club sandwich with chips yum yum and then had toblerone cheesecake- again yum yum YUM! Then home to watch 24 with Cheryl and Dana they have rented all of season 1 so I’m watching it again with them. I would like to take this opportunity to point a few things out: You all know I love my boxsets… well in coming over here I could have watched new episodes of all 4 of my favorite programs but choose not to [only 24 because the family watch it]. I also do not carry my UK mobile phone around with me 95% of the time its in my room the other 5% its in the living room. Some of you may find it hard to believe but its true I also do not wear my watch so here I am not ruled by my mobile phone, tv or time and you know what?! I think I may like it!!

1 Comments:

At January 30, 2006 9:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, praise the Lord - i'm so excited and happy to hear you say that!! I challenge you to continue to do the same when you come home or even leave your phone at home 50%...
Im also very jealous of you being at that game - i'd love to watch basketball live..
See you soon chic - not long now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home