Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wedding, ice rain and river

I hate not blogging that often as it means I can never remember what has happened. Work is picking up. I’ve been given some good direction over the past week or so and I’m finally past the stage of always asking what I can do.
I was out last night at a restaurant called River, it’s where I am holding our annual autumn event. It is a place where all the workers from chef to waiters come from an underprivileged background. The idea of River is to train them and give them an experience and an opportunity to further themselves. I was very pleased with the place its very sharp with great character and the food was really good. So I’m happy with my choice esp as I had booked it before I had ever been!
I was up north at my old bosses Braden and Yetunde’s wedding. It was great to see them and hang out with them the days running up to their wedding. Driving was interesting we stayed at a cottage which was well off the beaten track and on a lake. There was ice rain on Saturday so driving there was actually like driving on a wet ice rink! It took me 45 mins to drive what should have been 5 minutes. But better to be late then end up in a snow bank! We went for brunch at Braden’s parent’s house the morning after the wedding. It literally felt like I was driving to the ends of the earth, driving along snow roads and through forests and lakes.

Here’s to the African party, “I’ve been told I need to listen to that girl talk”, spinning my car on the ice, “CLAY PIGEON SHOTING!!!”, Molly finally starting to acknowledge me, high tailing out of a 25/40 group, “win a date with kate!”, getting addicted to Mario brothers, having the Brushetts over for dinner, Sabrina trying to carry the cat, going ice skating and not falling but Emma (5) skating faster than me!, Sandra not understanding when I said marathon, to starting to watch House, “Do you smell ham?”, the middle bit of my car breaking, Yetunde laughing at my anger of the middle part of my car breaking!, and to “and you would kill a puppy with a baseball bat?!”

Picture: The road to Bradens house. I drove for 30 minutes it felt ike the ends of the earth. Was very freaky for some reason when I stopped the car and got out to take pictures. I dont think I have ever felt as far from home as I did durng those few moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home