Friday, April 08, 2005

More from the big chicken... [Kiev]

Im back in the YFC Office, last night after we left the office we [Zhenya and I] went food shopping very random shopping indeed. Then back to her house I helped her make dinner which consisted of a form of ham salad and when I say a form of ham salad I mean that im not exactly sure if it was ham or spam or ham flavoured jelly! We then made potateo wrapped in pasta with sour cream and had cheese and cucumber as a side dish by this stage of the day I had not eaten since the plane and was starving so would eat anything even ham flavoured jelly! After dinner we watched the film princess bride in english and then went to bed- did take me long to fall alseep as I had been working on 3 hours sleep all day. This morning up at 8am [6am our time] and went for a run I ran around a stadium track 7 times not exactly sure how far altogther but at least it was something- I told the YFC staff that we were planning to run the marathon to raise money for Ukraine and they called us heros they can't belive that we would run for Ukraine and have been praying for us. Speaking of the YFC staff I have to say they are amazing I had met them before and been in office before but not for this length of time- they work none stop and so hard and are so excited about winning people for God- I tell you heaven is and will be alot fuller because of them- they are currently working on material to send out into other russian speaking countries they are now well established and in turn are helping others do the same. Ive seen it before in Ukraine and know that they pray for everything but another example happened this morning- the sports co ordinator had wanted a car and bought one a couple of days ago- Today when he arrived the staff all prayed for the car and for tomba's health and safty when driving it. At home we all would have raced out to the car park for a quick jeffrey and or a spin in the new car before heading back to do whatever we were doing it certainly would'nt come to my mind to pray! After the run it was back for a shower and BREAKFAST! Now at home I never eat breakfast as I got out the shower I could smell it had no idea what it was or could be when I went into the kitchen it didnt look very appealing ill be honest. Now your probably thinking Rachel you've been to Ukraine that many times that you should be used to it but there are always surprizes put in front of you- so I always prepare myself. Also breakfast in ukraine is like dinner at home they dont do toast and cereal. Set down in front of me was a bowl of rice with what I was describe as chicken and mushroom sauce but without the chicken it ended up being really nice but just not for breakfast! After breakfast I had a meeting concerning the camps in the summer got lots sorted out was good to talk about them face to face rather than trying to do it all by email. Bought myself a Ukrainian sim card on the way to the office instead of it costing me 40p to send a text home it only costs me 5p! was pretty pleased with myself when I thought of that idea. Later ill meet up with Gordon and co and get the over night train to Pid Volochisk where Nicoli will collect us at 5am! and take us to Volochisk then at some point tomorrow Oleg [The director to the YFC office in Kmelnitsky] will pick me up and take me to their office for more camp talk and after that some fun and fellowship! Kmelnitsky is where I go for camp each year so I know them all well and know people there from camp that are not staff so it'll be fun. Here's to the pizza place and sunshine mars bars... Slava Bogu

p.s Now going to kiev zoo!

1 Comments:

At April 07, 2005 4:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good 2 hear you arrived safely..hope its that kind of weather in the summer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home