Thursday, April 07, 2005

Greetings from the big chicken... [Kiev]

Well arrived safely in Kiev and it is so freaking hot! I thought it would be cold and packed my winter woolies would really need shorts and the sun tan lotion! My flight was good have to say I was very impressed with Malev airlines- the service was top notch even got to watch bugs bunny and Mr Bean... Not bad to pass the time I have to say. Now in the YFC office and its even hotter in here than outside and as each of the staff leave they put on massive coat and here I am sweating away in a t-shirt. Had a very classic Ukraine moment earlier on. We went to buy the train tickets for myself and Gordon and co for tomorrow when they arrive. I was surprized as I was told that you could only buy them with your passport so questioned zhenya on the matter as obv we didnt have all the passports... she give me the glance as to not say anything as she produced identity type cards and on them were people I recognised as either yfc ukraine staff or people from camp. I thought she had just brought them to use to buy the tickets. Then on the bus on the way to the office she checked the names on it and each one had our names on it... They had only gone and forged identy cards with our names on them but with a different picture! Only in Ukraine- You got to love it! I got the one they made for me its priceless! I have to say I just love this place!! Still can't actually believe im here although wish I had the shorts and flip flops would make my stay a tad more comfortable! Tomorrow ill have a meeting about the camps, hang about kiev, go for a run! [Yes the training continues!] and then meet Gordon and co with our forged idenity card train tickets and head to Volcohisk. Will try and update you again. Slava Bogu- Did I mention I love Ukraine!! Really can't wait for the summer team to go!

1 Comments:

At April 06, 2005 6:14 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Classic.... I love a traveling blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home