Monday, March 14, 2005

Stranded

I was working on Friday and at 5.20ish my boss told me to press the button and close the shutters little did I know that there was a sign in the doorway. I looked up and saw the shutters coming down diagonally instead of straight I got to the button as soon as I could but it was to late the shutters came off the runners and we were trapped!! [No one could get in, no one could get out!] My assistant manager and I were stranded for 3 hours! Had to phone maintenance in England who then phoned a sub contractor in Portadown to come rescue us. Good job there wasn’t a fire as when you open the emergency exit door there is a brick wall! Also good news this week I managed to lay my hands on Coldplay tickets for Dublin in June- Something nice to look forward to on the run up to Ukraine.

2 Comments:

At March 15, 2005 10:16 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Very funny indeed... I haven't forgotten our wee deal especially my end. I'll be in touch...

 
At March 15, 2005 5:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice 1 kirk...sure that was entertaining lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home