Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A Polish caller

The doorbell rang tonight and I was sent to answer it. I was greeted by a man, who's opening words were "Im from Poland, I sell pictures" He was dressed like someone I would have met in Ukraine. He has spent the last few days walking along the roads near my house calling at houses to sell pictures. He said he lived in Belfast but his english was'nt very good to explain much more. It saddens my heart to think that a guy from Poland is walking the roads (esp my roads as I live in the middle of nowhere!) in the dark and cold to sell pictures for a living. What a world!

1 Comments:

At February 08, 2005 9:52 am, Blogger emma said...

Woohoo!! Great to have you back Rach! Am loving the blog revival. It is a sad world we live in eh? I can't imagine walking along your road doing stuff like that. How did he even get there? Anyway, l8er me old sk8er...emx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home