Sunday, February 12, 2006

Picture message

Remove the word land from this picture and you'll get the idea! [If not read on]

Im safely home although I did fear for my life. As I sat and watched the snow fall at Milwaukee airport thinking to myself if this were at home the airport would be closed down! I must be delayed but no no... The flight is called on time and we board. We're de iced and head of the run way in the snow. Thankfully all was ok but I have to say one was nervous!

I arrive in New York for a 6 hour wait until my flight to Dublin. Knowing again that snow may effect my travel. It had been on the weather the previous day that there was a large snow storm on its way up the east coast of America. Praying that I would get out in time we took off as the snow started to get heavy [Again kinda nervous] but it was ok, it was that cold they had to de ice the place twice! We're arrive in Dublin and the captain informs us that we just got out in time as New York got 15 inches of snow and the airport was now closed!

I remembered something else I won't miss- Tax on everything you buy thats not added on the display price! Imagine the scene- Ive been at the airport for 5 hours thinking mmmm a nice smoothie would go down well. $4.75 The board read, I count my change $4.87 I order and then informed that the price is actually over $5!! Rage- Not enough money!

Its very surreal to be at home- sad times but good times!

Happy birthday to the one and only Emma Duncan! and Im also pretty convinced I'm obbessed with 24- not good I feel.

2 Comments:

At February 12, 2006 8:52 pm, Blogger emma said...

10 mins Kirk!! I am so excited - 24 is going to be amazing I believe you said the first 2 hours were 'mind blowing'!! I can't wait!

 
At February 12, 2006 10:53 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Mind blowing and you will sit in sheer disbelief- unbelievable! Annoying that ive seen so far a head that I have to wait a good month to see new stuff!! aaahhhhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home