Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Back to porridge

Back to porridge is something I always remember my mum saying when we were wee kids returning from holiday and back in the throws of life, and so returning to college today I’m back to porridge. Got my timetable not to bad considering the fact that I had no choice in classes. I’m taking apocalyptic bible books [Daniel, Revelation and Zechariah] and A framework of Christian thought. So only in Tuesday and Thursday and my placement at the church every Wednesday. Long weekends for me!

More things I miss from America: Free refills in most restaurants, here you pay about a quid 25 for a class and have to sip it so your not done before the end of your meal! In america you can drink until your hearts content!
I also miss having an accent- Having one makes it easier to get out of things or when you don't understand something!

Driving- Since I've returned ive come out of both my lane and the church onto the right side of the road [thankfully nothing was coming the other way], forgotten to change gears and to put my foot on the clutch when stopping- appears it will take a few days to get back into the swing of things!

I hate jet lag- after not sleeping from waking up in America on Saturday morning until 10.30pm on Sunday night I slept a full 14 hours was out for the count slept through 2 phone calls and my alarm. Last night could not sleep- didnt sleep until 5.30am then up for college not impressed! Plus my body clock thinks that its 6 hours earlier than it actually is!

1 Comments:

At February 17, 2006 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to tomorrow Kirkster.. get ready for the feed of your life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home