Friday, September 09, 2005

Heading East

On Saturday morning Ill head off with a team of 6 to work in day care centres for street children in Moldova. Really excited and looking forward to it. It will be different to teams I have lead in the past in that it’s a smaller team, to a place I’ve never been before and all the team is older than me. It’ll also be a good tester for my future to see 100% whether my drive is for Ukraine or for teams in general. My enthusiasm for the Moldova team is just as high as it was for Ukraine so I’m taking that as a good sign. I have all the essentials packed and my many phrase books- Did you know that Moldova does not have its own lanuage but speaks a mixture of Russian, Ukrainian and Romainian?! Did you also know that Moldova has a break away state called: Transdniester? and also did you know that Transdniester have their own passports, money and stamps?! and did you know that in Moldova the life expectany of a woman is 7 years more than a man?! and did you know that the international dailing code for Moldova is: +373?! and also did you know Moldova used to be part of the former Soviet Union?! and did you know that the population of Moldova is 4.3 Million?! [Someone has been doing their homework!] Someone also had to buy a skirt to wear in church in Moldova- £10 in Peacocks, Ballynahinch couldn't beat that with a big stick!

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2005 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK HOPE THE TRIP IS GOING WELL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home