Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Ukraine | The reunion

Last night we had a Ukraine team reunion... We gathered at the Browns, played for a while in the play park got a chinese, fellowshiped around a bonfire and reminisced about our times in Ukraine. I know its just been over a month since we returned but I can honestly say I have missed being there everyday since I've come home- "Tears stream down my face..." I miss the kids/teenagers, I miss trying to act out what I want to say when there is no translator at hand, I miss watching the kids giving it dixie singing 'our God is a great big God', I miss the lifestyle, I miss the love, I miss the landscape, I miss the smells, I miss the near death experiences, I miss the sound the buses make, I miss the example, I can even go as far as to say I miss the food, I miss my friends out there, I miss watching my team struggle, cope, learn, love, experince, laugh, step out their comfort zone, help each other and to fall more in love with God. I just hope and pray that my dream of doing this for the rest of my life will come true [Just 3 weeks until I go to Moldova!] This year in Ukraine both in organising and during was my toughest to date but you know its all worth it when you hear that 598 kids/teenagers become Christians [Just think the possiblities God has for their lives!]- Not to us but to God be the glory. Friends- sit back and really think about this: Some day ALL will see how great our God is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home